How to apply the window tint:
What you need:
clean wet cloth, dry cloth, pen, scissors, credit card/license.
Note: We recommend laying your tint flat for 24 hours or at least rolling it the opposite way to make it flat and easier to work with.
Follow these easy steps or watch our video below:
- Wash the inside of the car window with warm soapy water using a clean cloth (avoid using window cleaners).
- Thoroughly dry the window with a clean cloth.
- Standing outside the car window, line up the shade, ensuring it is right way up and then using a pen lightly trace around the shape of your window.
- Cut away the excess shade leaving a 2cm boarder around the traced line.
- Line up your shade from the inside of the car window.
- Starting at the bottom, slowly peel away the white backing paper and stick the shade to the inside of the window.
- Use your hands to smooth down the shade. Lift and reapply the shade to remove any bubbles.
- Using a card, gently smooth out the shade and press into the corners.
- Trace around the edge of the window and trim away the excess shade by pulling it back and cutting along the line.
- Using the card, press the shade into the windows edges and under any window seals. For the bottom window seal, use one card to gently pull back the seal and a second card to push the shade below the seal. Please allow 48 hours before using your window to ensure it has dried.
Note: It is best applied in 15-30°C with minimal wind. If it is below 15°C we recommend gently warming the tint with a hairdryer before application.
Congratulations! You can now enjoy your My Shady Baby window tint!
How to remove the tint:
- Thoroughly wet the shade using a warm, soapy sponge.
- Leave for 5 minutes to allow the water to break down the adhesion on the window.
- Re-wet the window again and slowly pull back the window shade from one corner.
- Continue to apply water while gently pulling back on the window shade.
- Clean any remaining adhesive off your window.
This product was solely designed for the use on a back-passenger windows only. It should not be used on any other windows within the car. My Shady Baby cannot verify that the tint has been installed or removed correctly as recommended by us. My Shady Baby cannot verify the strength or quality of any existing window tints applied to the car already. To the fullest extent permitted by law, My Shady Baby takes no responsibility for any damage incurred to you or your property (including windows and window tints) as a result of applying or removing the My Shady Baby window tints on a car window or any other surface.
The VLT (visual light transmission) of My Shady Baby window tints is 72% when independently tested on 5mm thick glass. States, Territories and Countries have different rules and regulations for window coverings and it is the responsibility of the installer to ensure that they satisfy all local rules and regulations. The My Shady Baby should not be applied to the rear passenger window if it hinders the driver’s vision at all.